Thursday, February 5, 2009

Taken

HEY KIDS!

Ok I know it has been awhile since my last post. To make up for it I am going to give you all (I think I am up to 2 faithful readers now...haha) three reviews. The first one is "Taken" Now this stars Liam Neeson, you might remember him from his most recent pictures such as Batman Begins, Kinsey (if you haven't seen this movie RENT IT!) and as the voice of Aslan in the Chronicle of Narina movies.


Most of you are probably wondering how does he do as the bad ass of the movie? Well he actually does a good job. He had me afraid of him. The best part was that he plays one of those special forces guys that aren't about a bunch of threats and promises. If he says he is gonna do something, HE DOES IT! At the end of the movie I was thinking to myself "Don't F@#$ with Liam!" And I am not afraid to say that at 56 he had me a little turned on as well.

The movie also stars Famke Janssen (Jean from the X-Men movies), she has a relatively small role compared to Liam (but it doesn't matter because she has X-Men money!). And the daughter he is trying so desperately to save is played by Maggie Grace, who you may or may not remember from that TERRIBLE movie "THE FOG". The only good thing about that movie was Tom Welling, but I digress. She does a decent job playing spoiled little rich girl who is estranged from her father because of the demands from his previous job. She is now rich because her mother (Famke Janssen) married some rich guy played by Xander Berkeley. So of course she shows more affection towards him because he is who she has grown up with. Liam decides to quick his government job so that he can spend more time with his daughter. And then the dumb child goes and gets herself kidnap...Trying to be grown!!!

I would highly recommend this movie if you are in the mood to see a good mild action flick. It isn't that long (1hr 33mins.) and flows well enough. If you enjoy Liam Neeson and would like to see him in a kick ass role, than this is the movie for you! The setting takes place mainly in Paris, which of course looks beautiful. It also has a very good message in it...Don't talk to strangers, no matter how CUTE they are!! Once you see the movie you will know why I said that!

~ Verdict~

Two snaps up and a Voulez Vous Coucher avec moi ce soir

Liked IT!

No comments: