Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Confessions of a Shopaholic

Hey Kids!

This weekend did not really impress me at the box office. I was looking forward to seeing Confessions of a Shopaholic (COFAS) but there was something that led me to believe this was not a movie for the mature and grown. The THEATER WAS FULL OF CHILDREN! Yep, little girls ranging from 5th grade to 12th grade. I had to sit there and listen to them laugh and giggle with all their friends. It was terrible. I would definitely wait to all the hype is gone before going to a theater to see this movie. Unless you don't made being surrounded by loud talkative giggly little girls. There mom's looked so happy to see them so happy and not bothering them that they just had looks of relief on their faces.

COFAS did not give me what I wanted as a movie. I wanted more costumes, more couture, more sassiness, more guys, more girls, JUST MORE! It was rated PG (that should of been a warning right there). Don't get me wrong I am not saying that it wasn't cute. It was probably a little too cute for my taste.

The movie stars Isla Fisher, many of you may remember her from Wedding Crashers. She was the one who freakishly seduced Vince Vaughn. And those of you know I love me some Vince! The movie takes place in Manhattan (where else would an American girl develop such a crazy shopping obsessing). It doesn't really show a lot of great shots of Manhattan. But still it is Manhattan! I was very happy to see Leslie Bibb again. She had a small but good part in "Iron Man" as the reporter who sleeps with Tony spark in the beginning of the movie. She has a more involved part in this movie and I loved her in this. I want to see her play more roles like she plays in this movie. She was great and Looked FABULOUS!!!!

The male lead, Hugh Dancy, you may remember him in "Ella Enchanted" and "Blood and Chocolate" does a good job in his role. He is also very cute. And there is something about when a man can "speak Prada" that does something to me on the inside!! HAHA! I can't say that I would recommend for you to go out and get friends together to see this movie at theaters. It would be something cute to rent. And if you don't mind being in the theater with a bunch of kids have at it. Just don't expect it to resemble "Sex and the City" or "The Devil wears Prada" when it comes to the fashion and drama.





~Verdict~

One snap up and One snap down and a Bitch give me back my CREDIT CARDS!!!

No comments: