Sunday, March 20, 2011

Limitless





Hey Kids!


Michael: I have a very special guest returning for today's review and it is none other than Lou Diamond Phillips...LOL...ok its my good buddy Jorge! (why do I think you got more applause than when they thought it was Lou Diamond)...lol...say hello Jorge.


Jorge: Yeah sorry to dissapoint folks, but the real Louie D couldnt make it out tonight....he sent me as his stand in and said he doesnt do anything "Z-List". :D lol j/k. HELLO EVERYBODY! So glad to be back, special Thank You to Michael for allowing me to do this once again....okay enough of my acceptance speech!.....let's talk "Limitless"!


Michael: I am going to ignore that Z list comment Jorge only because I love you like a step brother! Now Limitless is the new film that stars Robert De Niro and the H-O-T Bradley Cooper. But I must warn everyone the first part of the movie is very grusome. I remember thinking OMG OMG it's just sooo wrong...so scary...heaven forbid it HEAVEN forbid it! They made bradley look a HOT MESS!! In the beginning of the film he doesn't look his best so be prepared for that ladies. Now this movie is about a man who stumbles across this new drug that allows you to use all 100% of your brain. And it is about what Bradley Cooper's character goes through while he uses it. It takes us on a ride basically and we get to see all the good that comes with using the drug and all the bad as well. I thought all the acting was well done even with the Russian drug dealer/loan shark/ body guard decapitator (whatever his day job was suppose to be). What you think Jorge? I know you enjoyed that cherry ICEE some nice handsome gentlemen bought you.


Jorge: Yes I did, (I love ICEE's btw!.....and I gladly paid him for it after the movie? #HeMustOfBeenSenile). The real meat and potatoes of this film isn't Bradley's (Eddie) package or bad hair....its in the acting and storyline. I found the concept to be unique and very original, as it opened the doors to an endless amount of possibilities. I never knew what challenges Eddie would take on next, It was exciting seeing him explore this new world of opportunity. With the pills given potential, Eddie uses its ability to absorb large amounts of information. That information gives him the knowledge to formulate statistics which make him very wealthy very quickly. I think The Notorious B.I.G. said it best with "Mo Money Mo Problems".....as Eddie soon finds himself in a world of trouble and begins to question what the potential side effects from the drug are. Robert De Niro (Carl Van Loon) is also in this film, but his role, while less prominate....is still acted out very well. Clearly Robert takes a backseat to Bradley who shines as the lead here. I found Coopers performance both believable and well executed. This may be his first staring role, but I'm very certain it wont be his last. Anyway throw in a few twist and turns, accompanied by some "ah ha" moments....and this film sends you on a great ride. I know I left the theather wondering what I would do if I had that type of brain power? Michael what would you do with all that headgame? :)


Michael: I bet you did pay him back...but was it in the form of money? LOL...anywho to answer your question if I had a pill like that I could quite honestly say...I WOULD RULE THE WORLD!!! I mean if I could take a pill that allowed me to recall everything that I ever came in contact with via, talking, listening, reading or seeing and then with the added effect of being able to grasp new concepts and logic with super speed and accuracy, there would be no contest. But the big thing that the pill does that neither one of us has commented on is that by consuming it and gaining all this new found brain power boosts your confidence, which in term gives you the power over your self to master the ability to articulate probably what you know and want to say. That's something that was acted out very well by Mr. Cooper. He showed you how well he could articulate his points and knowledge so that people understood and not just talking a bunch of nonsense over people's heads!


Michael: But if I may digress for a bit I kinda of felt like one part of the movie when Carl Van Loon, played by the great Robert De Niro, was putting Bradley Cooper's character in his place...seemed like at one point he conjured an old bitter queen! And I LIVED for that part!

Jorge: yeah he did throw his sash around one last time. "I never forgot who you were girl!" Overall good film download/dollar movie/rent it! Michael: Umm Jorge it's still out in theaters so they can go pay to see it like good law abiding citizens should...But Yes, good movie. I definitely recommend it. However, do not be surprised if you leave the theater looking for some of those pills! ~Verdict~ Two snaps up and GIVE ME SOME OF THOSE PILLS!

No comments: