Saturday, March 12, 2011

Battle: LA


Hey Kids!

I'm BACK!!!! Yes I know it has been a minute but let's not waste time wondering where I've been...let's get right into this new movie. So I went with some of my dear friends to see the Battle: LA and I must say two out of the three of us enjoyed it. It's definitely one of those movies that will be hit or miss. You will either like it or not. I personally appreciated it for what it was...an action movie about killing aliens. I mean that's really all there is to say about what it's about. There wasn't really a plot or story line...the aliens arrived and the military men started shooting to kill. The movie was kinda of like independence day and the video game Doom got together and had a baby. It was probably like 20-30 minutes too long because at one point I was ready to go because I thought the movie had ended and it started right up again.

The cast was good. It stars Aaron Eckhart as the main character trying to lead everyone to victory! Michelle Rodriguez was in it as well. And I was pleasantly surprised to see Jim Parrack, who plays Hoyt Fortenberry in HBO's TrueBlood. I am glad that he is starting to get some work outside of TrueBlood. Maybe I should say some mainstream work. He is one of my favorites on the show and he is so tall and handsome in his army fatigues. Now someone that I was not happy to see in this movie was Ne-Yo! Now please don't get me wrong I love me some Ne-Yo! His album "Year of the Gentleman" helped me through a tough time in my life. And ever since I saw a certain picture of him several years ago I've been a fan every since! But why he wanted to act I have no idea but he is NOT a natural! And only the Lord knows why he had on these big glasses throughout the movie. They made him look a mess! Ne-Yo if you happen to come across this blog or if a friend of yours does, please burn those glasses, never put them on again and either stick with just writing hit songs or get an acting coach ASAP!

This movie is not for those that like to have a plot and story line with their movies in order for it to be considered a good one. It's for those that just want to see some non-stop action (well shooting) with over all decent acting. I would put this in the category of a man's man movie!

~Verdict~

One snap up and Michelle I want to see you play a roll where your not holding a gun!

No comments: