Sunday, March 20, 2011

I Am Number Four





Hey Kids!


I know this review is late but I had to write one anyway. I really want you all to get out and go see I am Number Four!


This movie is about an alien who is 1 out 9 survivors from his home planet that is living on Earth. He's given the name John and has a guardian who takes care of him and helps protect him. He doesn't fully know why he just knows that he isn't human and that he is from another planet. Well the only way that he can die is to be killed in the sequence that he was born. He was born 4th. Numbers 1, 2 and 3 have already been killed. The movie is about number four learning about who he is, what he's capable of and why he was sent to Earth in the first place.


This movie is a must see. It was a breath of fresh air when I saw it back in February.


This movie is directed by the same person who brought us "Eagle Eye" and "Disturbia"...Which kinda of led me to wonder why Shia Lebouf wasn't cast as John. I guess he wasn't cute enough for the casting director. It stars the very handsome Timothy Olyphant as Henri, John's guardian. John is played by Alex Pettyfer. And apparently he has turned into quite the diva. I tell you these youngins today getting all big in their britches (a saying the old folk say down here in the south) and haven't earned the right yet. John's love interest is Glee star Dianna Agron. She's such a pretty girl and I loved seeing her on the big screen and I think she will get more time on there in the near future. Glee better watch out! Now to me the breakout star in this movie is Teresa Palmer who plays number 6. She was outstanding and bad ass! I love it when a chick comes out of no where and gives the best fight scenes and moves. However, this Australian actor has been in such notable films like The Scorer's Apprentice, Bedtime Stories, and Take Me Home Tonight. She was great in this movie and one of the reasons I really want to see a sequel.


Now I know this review is short and that is mainly because I saw the movie more than a month ago and can't remember all of the enlightening things I wanted to say about it. I forgot why I didn't get that review out sooner. I must of been busy being AWESOME (smile)!


But please all my sci-fi geeks out there go out and see this movie! You will not be disappointed.


~Verdict~


Two snaps way up and I want one of those swords!

No comments: