Friday, March 20, 2009

Race to Witch Mountain


Hey Kids!

Yes this review is late and guess what...it is also going to be short! I am on spring break and I just don't feel like doing anything (someone please pray that this laziness leaves starting next week). Ok I had to go and support my Husband's new movie (Dwayne Johnson formerly known as The Rock). For those of you who do not know I have been a Dwayne Johnson fan since his days as The ROCK!!! I remember it like it was yesterday. I was coming in from Tennis practice on Monday night and my roommate (college dorm room) was watching Monday night Raw on TV. There was this big beautiful, cocky, confident, delicious man talking really loud and I heard him say "Can you smell what The Rock is cooking?" and he raised one eyebrow. I was in-love! And he has been my play husband ever since. Aren't pretend first encounters the best. Ok I digress.

This movie is a remake of a movie I liked when I was younger. It is right up my ally with the sci-fi/fantasy elements. The acting is good. The story is good. The movie well made. The special effects are great and Dwayne looks good (he looks FINE at the last scene of the movie). And I know I probably sound like a teenage girl with how I speak about Dwayne. If it is scaring you I am sorry. But it is something about him that brings it out of me. In the movie he is a cab driver trying to help two aliens get something that their home planet needs to survive. While driving them he ends up helping them and getting attached to them. Again it is a good story and well made movie. My only problem is that I am sooo ready to see Dwayne get back into some action movies. I want to see him in movies like the scorpion king and my personal Dwayne Johnson favorite "The Rundown" He looked incredible in that movie. Made me want to go out and buy a dodge durango. This is intended for the kid audience. So if you have kids do yourself and them a favor and take them to see this. If you are like me and enjoy a really good sci-fi movie get out and go see this movie. You will not be disappointed.

PS I kinda of enjoyed this movie more than I enjoyed Watchmen...shhh don't tell anyone

~Verdict~

Two Snaps Up and my new name is Mr. Michael J. Glenn-Johnson (Just don't tell my parents)

No comments: