Friday, May 6, 2011

Thor

Let the summer movies BEGIN!!!

Hey Kids!

Well it has official started...the season for Summer Blockbusters. Thor is a great movie to start the summer off with. I say this because it is everything a summer movie should be...It's entertaining, creates a new and exciting world to escape to, well made and acted movie, and has an all star cast and an extremely HOT leading man. Chris Hemsworth (Thor) plays the title character of the mighty god of Thunder and Lightening. He does a great job of bringing the Norse god to life. He is powerful, arrogant, unruly and HUGE! Everything Thor is. I can't say that I was a Thor fan when I was younger but I am now!

The thing I liked most about this movie is that it gives a good back story to who Thor and the other Asgardians are and why they are so important. I love a movie that explains what's going on. I know some of you don't like that but I do and I felt it was necessary in this movie. Idris Elba plays the guardian of the bridge between the different worlds and Asgard. He is actually probably the most powerful of all the Asgardians but also the most loyal, trustworthy and faithful as well. He gives a good performance. I know that their was a lot of buzz back when the pictures for the movie first surfaced about him playing Heimdall. It turns out that in the comics Heimdall is white skinned. So we all know how the super fans don't like things being messed with when it comes to race. I mean look how the fans of "The Last Airbender" reacted (and I was one of them).

Natalie Portman is having a great 2011 so far. I mean winning an Oscar and having several hit movies out right now. She does a good job of playing Thor's love interest. She and Chris Hemsworth had good chemistry. I remember a friend of mine telling me that it took him a minute to tell whether or not that was Natalie Portman because her character in this movie was so much different than her Black Swan character. I just looked at him and said that's how you know you have an Oscar winner playing the role.

See this movie if you are looking for a good movie to get your summer movie experience started. It definitely takes you into a new world and helps give you a nice little escape from reality for 2 hours.

~Verdict~

Two snaps up and bring me my Hammer!!

No comments: